I’ve been remiss in posting… in many regards. I have so much to say and catch you up on…
This week is a big week. As a nation, we remembered on the ten year anniversary of September 11th. I can hardly believe how quickly the last ten years has gone.
Garnering much less attention though… yesterday, September 13th, was National Childhood Cancer Awareness Day (as we are here in the middle of National Childhood Cancer Awareness Month). This date will be specially set aside each year to call attention to pediatric cancer, the #1 cause of death by disease in children in the United States.
The impact of childhood cancer on our nation is staggering and I pray we find a cure. Here are a few facts from Children’s Cancer Fund:
* Cancer cuts short the lives of more children under the age of 20 than any other disease
* 1 child out of 5 who is diagnosed with cancer dies
* 3 out of 5 children suffer from long-term or late side effects
* Every school day, 46 young people, or two classrooms of students, are diagnosed with cancer in this country
* There are now more than 270,000 childhood cancer survivors in the United States, and this number is growing rapidly
Please consider a donation to Max’s Ring of Fire or another organization dedicated to funding research and support for pediatric cancer.