Hi, I’m Bree.
I’ve always found “About” pages awesome to read (because everyone has a different story) and incredibly difficult to write (because how do I sum up my story?!). So, who am I?
- I’m a 30-something San Diegan.
- I first used Bleach226 when my parents got AOL when I was 13.
- Can you guess when my birthday is?
- I’ve lived in California my entire life (unless you count that college semester abroad).
- Dolphins have been my favorite animal since I was seven.
- I went to the University of San Diego and majored in getting minors.
- I mean, I majored in History and minored in Media Studies, Religious Studies, and Philosophy.
- I’ve worked at the same non-profit since I graduated from college.
- Naturally, my job involves a lot of science and math. #thankscollege
- I love ice cream and energy drinks more than I should.
- I danced growing up and cheered a bit in high school. I hated working out alone.
- I fell in love with group fitness after college and became a Les Mills instructor. I’m certified to teach BodyFlow (BodyBalance if you’re outside the US), Sh’Bam, and just recently passed my CXWorx initial training (now to become fully certified!).
- I joined Team In Training and completed my first endurance event.
- I don’t like running (and I still don’t like working out alone).
- Naturally, I’ve completed an Olympic distance triathlon (that’s a 10K at the end), two 10Ks, one 8-Miler, and five half marathons. I have two more half marathons and another 10K on the calendar for 2016 (right now). #lifeisfullofcontradictions
- I have fully embraced the hashtag even when it’s totally useless. 😉
- I’m an unapologetic Disney fan and have a Disneyland AP.
- I do most of my running BECAUSE of Disney and AT Disney.
- I live in mostly shades of blue, teal, and mint.
- I run a photography business.
- You can find most of my client work on Facebook.
- My personal photo projects can usually be found on Instagram (heavily featuring beaches and Disney). Select photos are available for sale on Etsy. I used to be really good at updating my Flickr and my blog. Key words: used to. Social media, am I right?
- I have have a habit of hiding behind the camera at most events and can spend full days walking around taking pictures.
- Speaking of social media though, I’m on Pinterest, Twitter, and Instagram separate from my photography. Let’s be friends!
- I wrote my college honor’s thesis about social media. I like to think I was ahead of my time.
- I used to devour books, but lately find myself struggling to finish one. Meanwhile, I read blogs like crazy.
- I love to plan and use my Google calendar, Siri reminders, and paper planner on a daily basis.
It’s nice to meet you.
I can be reached by email here.